Starlog: Calculate the Yield of this Quote
"STARLOG: The Star Wars Universe is so large and diverse. Do you ever find yourself confused by the subsidiary material that's in the novels, comics, and other offshoots?
LUCAS: I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions."
- George Lucas, Flannelled One, Aug. 2005 - "New Hopes" interview in Starlog #337
I've decided to go ahead and move forward with finishing up the canon page rewrite even without the Starlog magazine in-hand. I am working on getting that done today.
Speaking of the Starlog, here's the story of it as recounted to PayPal and any eBay user who wants to deal with the devious scoundrels I tried to buy it from.
It seems like I've been working on it for ages, and I think that, in fact, I have. But at last, the Star Wars canon page update is published.
I won't call it 'done', but it's very close. The related pages need updating, I'm missing a few newer quotes on the quote list pages, and I forgot to update the Addenda bit on the TV show with the Sansweet-Dicenso quote. But frankly, I'm damned tired of elucidating the SW canon for now, and would rather spit it out 99% perfect than have it on my drive doing nothing for one more day. I'll correct the remaining 1% over the next week or two and will update accordingly.